Tuesday, October 06, 2009

WHITE WIZZARD GUITARIST, ERIK KLUIBER INTERVIEWED ON METALSUCKS

WHITE WIZZARD guitarist, Erik Kluiber was interviewed by MetalSucks' Vince Neilstein while the band was in New York City to play their first-ever show on the east coast. Over the course of the in-depth interview, Erik touches upon his love for Detroit, MI (his hometown), big cities, his old bands and how he risked it all by moving from Detroit to Los Angeles to join WHITE WIZZARD:

"Well, in November, I started to scout Craigslist and the first place I went to [on Craigslist] was Los Angeles. One of the first listings I read was for White Wizzard. I saw the video for High Speed GTO and immediately became a fan. It was in the back of my mind, and I started learning a couple of tunes like High Speed GTO and Octane Gypsy and taught them to my students. I was in the band Overloaded, and things fizzled out. I was like, "You know what? Now is the time if I got the balls to go for it." I figured that they had somebody because it had been about 2 months. Fortunately for me, they hadn't. So I did a YouTube audition, and Jon [Leon, bass] liked it. I flew out and did a live audition. I did it secretively. I had a lot of options, so now was the time to figure it out. It worked out great. I said "give me 48 hours to give you the decision," because you know, it's a big fucking decision. Then I was like "let's do it, let's sell everything I own," and I drove out in a Ford Ranger to be a part of White Wizzard."

Read the entire interview with WHITE WIZZARD's Erik Kluiber on MetalSucks: http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/10/05/white-wizzards-erik-kluiber-talks-first-taste-of-success-in-metalsucks-interview/

Los Angeles traditional metal heroes, WHITE WIZZARD recently finished recording the full-length followup to their HIGH SPEED GTO mini-album. The as of yet untitled album is being produced by RALPH PATLAN
(MEGADETH, UFO, MICHAEL SCHENKER).

Listen to early versions of 2 songs expected to be on WHITE WIZZARD's 2010
full length followup, "40 Deuces" and "Over the Top" on the band's official
MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/whitewizzard

HIGH SPEED GTO, the debut mini-album from Los Angeles traditional heavy
metal act WHITE WIZZARD is out now!

Named after their trademark anthem, HIGH SPEED GTO features 7 high-energy
tracks recorded by the original WHITE WIZZARD line-up in 2007. Originally
only released to a select number of fans as a demo, the title track "High
Speed GTO"
was then featured on Earache's HEAVY METAL KILLERS compilation,
and now the whole album is ready to be enjoyed by the world with its catchy
riffs and true heavy metal vibe.

Get your copy of HIGH SPEED GTO now on on limited edition vinyl LP as well
as on CD at http://earache.com/uswebstore/index.php/cPath/667_674_706

For press opportunities and further information, please contact:
 
 Anthony Guzzardo
 North American Press Manager
 Earache Records
 4402 11th st.
 Suite 507a
 Long Island City, NY 11101
 Phone - 718-786-1707
 Fax - 718-786-1756
 AIM/MSN: ForsakenChaos37
 www.earache.com
 usapr@earache.com
 http://www.myspace.com/earacherecords
 Photos, Art and Logos available at: http://www.earache.com/media
  

No comments: